ANB accepts applications for the Ph.D. program only.
Applicants for admission to ABGG must meet the University of California minimum GPA requirement for admission. In addition, candidates must complete the following entrance requirements:
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a discipline relevant to the biology of behavior.
The equivalent of at least one course from each of the following subject areas (UCD Courses by Subject Code):
- Ecology: Upper division (e.g. Ecology and Evolution 101, Environmental Science and
- Genetics: Upper division (e.g. Biological Sciences 101)
- Statistics: Upper division (e.g. Psychology 103, Statistics 100)
- Evolution: Upper division (e.g. Evolution and Ecology 100)
- Animal Behavior: Upper division (e.g. Neurobiology, Physiology and Behavior 102)
- Physiology: Upper division (e.g. Neurobiology, Physiology and Behavior 101)
If the subject area courses have not been completed prior to admission, then they must be completed by the end of the first year in the program either by (1) taking courses as approved by the Graduate Advisor, or (2) by being a Teaching Assistant in the courses listed above or their equivalents, and by attending the course lectures.